Your cart is empty.
Helsinki's Kalasatama, a test area for smart housing solutions and efficient energy use, has become quite familiar to Cozify's Development Manager Timo Vitikainen. Cozify's smart solutions are already available in over 20 sites in the area. According to Vitikainen, technology independence is one of Cozify's greatest advantages.
In accordance with the City of Helsinki's strategy program, a model area for smart urban construction will be created in Kalasatama. The notion of energy efficiency is closely associated with smart homes. In Kalasatama's new blocks of flats, energy and water consumption monitoring are therefore key, and an arrangement regarding smart energy systems is one of the conditions for release of plots in the area. This means that residents must be given the opportunity to monitor and influence the energy consumption of their own dwelling.
– Understanding one's own energy consumption is important. Electrical equipment now has energy class markings, but it is only by monitoring actual consumption that we are able to understand the wider picture and therefore make appropriate lifestyle changes, says Timo Vitikainen, Development Manager at Cozify.
The technology used in Kalasatama apartments is based on the KNX standard. This means that the bus cable can be connected to equipment from different manufacturers, so long as they meet the requirements of that standard.
At Cozify, Vitikainen is responsible for, among other things, service solutions for Kalasatama destinations. Cozify is already involved in more than 20 sites in the Kalasatama area, which have been built by e.g. The City of Helsinki, YIT, Skanska, Kojamo and SRV (Read interview).
Among others the destinations have been implemented in co-operation with e.g. Fortum by integrating to various other manufacturers' such as Siemens, Fidelix, ABB and Schneider Electric's building technologies.
According to Vitikainen, even though KNX technology has been used in Kalasatama, Cozify integrates equally successfully into other real estate and home automation systems, in accordance with what is used at each site.
– We also operate easily with KNX, as Cozify is a technology independent company. KNX technology is one standard, but there are also advanced wireless technology-based systems available. Versatility and adaptability are our greatest strengths, Vitikainen says.
In all Kalasatama sites, energy and water consumption monitoring is essential. Cozify's solutions allow you to monitor both cold and warm water consumption in near real time. Observations over a long cycle can be used to determine whether there is, for example, a water leak.
– Once, for example, the flushing mechanism of the toilet in an apartment had broken down to the extent that the toilet leaked 16 cubic meters of water directly into the sewer daily. That's a lot! Real-time water consumption measurement is a simple way to locate potential problems that might incur additional costs. The measurement creates security and, at best, savings," Vitikainen summarizes.
The internal automation controls for the apartments are handled by use of the smart Home/Away button and room-specific smart thermostats. The system enables invoicing of water and heating costs according to actual consumption. Press the Home/Away button to switch off most electrical appliances in your home. In so doing, the ventilation unit’s rotations are also automatically reduced, saving energy.
The alarms issued by leak guards and ventilation units are transferred through the system to the resident interface and housing company portal, which is used by property management and maintenance companies.
– Through our service, residents can watch what is happening in their own apartment. The housing company, maintenance company and property manager will be kept up to date with the status of the property, and if any system sends an alert, they can intervene, if necessary, Vitikainen says.
The system is pre-installed when residents move into a new home. After a quick registration, residents can control the operations of their home and monitor their electricity and water consumption data in a unit of their choice, liters, euros, or kilowatt hours. The tenant can modify the service to meet their own needs.
The system enables real-time communication between people and their homes, alarms, measurements, and controls are in use continuously, even from your summer cottage.
- After a trip away, you can switch to ‘home’ mode on your way home, which will make the ventilation more efficient and the indoor air fresher, Vitikainen says.
Set a date with one of our experts to get you started:
Cozify's smart living solutions combined with Vivago's safety and wellbeing services bring new opportunities for safe housing for the elderly.
Helsinki uses building technology information to improve energy efficiency.
Read more about Forum Virium's and Cozify's joint project collecting energy and living conditions data from housing companies for research purposes.
Helsinki's Kalasatama, a test area for smart housing solutions and efficient energy use, has become quite familiar to Cozify's Development Manager Timo Vitikainen. Cozify's smart solutions are already available in over 20 sites in the area.
According to Vitikainen, technology independence is one of Cozify's greatest advantages.
The indoor climate management for Senaatti Properies is a pioneering indoor climate condition monitoring project in the Finnish market.
Esa Halmetoja and Jenna Mustonen of Senaatti Properities shared about their experience of working with Cozify.
Cozify took part in designing and providing smart living solutions to Loisto and Majakka apartments to fulfill their desire for the ease and convenience of smart living. Lotta Toivonen, Project Manager for Service Development at SRV was interviewed about the experience of working with Cozify.
Smart office spaces that benefit from an improved indoor climate, increasing convenience and productivity.
Cozify ZEN comes pre-installed in each apartment. All the residents are able to monitor their energy consumption. Additionally they can extend their smart home features with tailored smart kit offers, for added luxury and damage prevention.